What do we consider a new quality achieved on the basis of our past activities with children?
1. The education of children was expanded to those scientific areas and to creative and
practical skills and abilities that had been neglected when working with children in
2. We have developed an original method of ecological research in nature (analysis and
evaluation of the state of ecological factors within a certain locality).
3. We have introduced and applied new approaches in creating and using the natural
science-based collections („tale-telling collections“).
4. We have created an experimental classroom enabling interdisciplinary and multimedia
transfer of knowledge onto children.
5. We have managed to make active connections between children and nearby localities
where our instructions take place (between the SOS children and the Kamenica Park).
6. We successfuly involve kids having certain development impediments into our activities.
7. The children showing exceptional talents in their work, are entitled to co-operate
together with the Center`s instructors in teaching other kids ("junior-instructors").
8. We have created the „Ecology Road“, first open-air ecological classroom in Novi Sad
and most probably also in Serbia.
Petar Kokanovic (aged 13), a boy-instructor
© Caspar 2007.